Here is a profile on one of our long-time participating supply chain executive. Please leave a comment if you would like for us to continue these profiles!
Profile of Mr. Howard Mann
VP, Supply Chain Management
- What is your title? How long have you been at your current health system? VP, Supply Chain Management, 1.5 years
- What are your responsibilities? Non-Labor spend and Supply Chain Logistics
- Favorite movie you have seen during the last year? Only watch Netflix, so nothing new!
- Apple or Android? Favorite app you use the most often? Android. MAPS.
- Name a few of the primary objectives/initiatives you are working on? Integrating physician collaboration with supply chain decisions on PPI.
- What do you view as your best opportunity in the next 12-18 months? Achieving the above objectives/ initiatives.
- What is your most significant challenge(s)? Maintaining the same goals, while reinventing the process in an ever-changing environment.
- How do you describe your leadership style? Collaborative
- What is the best book(s) you have read lately? I read widely, with diverse subjects! Probably Unbroken.
- Who do you consider your mentor(s)? Almost Everyone I Meet.
- What was your first job growing up? What lessons did it teach you?
Assuming I ever grew up, I would say assembling bicycles for Christmas as a temp. Pick another career path!
- Where is your favorite vacation spot? Florida & Missouri
- What is your favorite hobby? Civil War history, Basketball, Reading
- What college or sports teams do you follow? Florida State
- Any pets? None
- What line of work would you pursue if you couldn’t work in your present one? Art History, Police Work
- What part of your job would you gladly give up? None of It, Keeps Expanding
- Favorite musical artist? Linkin Park
- It is 10 A.M. on a Saturday. What are you most likely doing? Spending time with my wife or working in the yard.
- You can have four famous (dead or alive) people over to your home for dinner. Who would you ask? Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Edison, Queen Elizabeth I, The Wright brothers (either one).
- In 20 words or less, why do you participate in the Council of Supply Chain Executives? Networking; comparing best & innovative practices; simulating suppliers’ board of directors (format); mixing for-profit and not-for-profit, Hays Waldrop